[Boost-users] NEWBIE: Undefined references: How do I find the library that resolves an undefined reference
JENNINGS, LYNN M NH-03 USAF AFMC 517 SMXS/MXDPB
2017-01-24 19:33:43 UTC
NEWBIE question: Undefined references: How do I find the library that resolves an undefined reference. For example, the output for the gcc linker running in MinGW shows:

C:/boost/boost/asio/detail/impl/winsock_init.ipp:39: Undefined reference to `***@8'

I have googled the documentation a number of ways, but I cannot find the library that will resolve this error. I am sure that this is a common problem. Please point me to the documentation so I can fix this and the undefined references.

Thanks!
Richard Hodges
2017-01-24 20:44:40 UTC
That would be the winsock library.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740673.aspx

Michael Chisholm
2017-01-24 20:52:03 UTC
Post by Richard Hodges
That would be the winsock library.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740673.aspx
On 24 January 2017 at 20:33, JENNINGS, LYNN M NH-03 USAF AFMC 517
Post by JENNINGS, LYNN M NH-03 USAF AFMC 517 SMXS/MXDPB
NEWBIE question: Undefined references: How do I find the library that
resolves an undefined reference. For example, the output for the gcc
C:/boost/boost/asio/detail/impl/winsock_init.ipp:39: Undefined reference
I have googled the documentation a number of ways, but I cannot find the
library that will resolve this error. I am sure that this is a common
problem. Please point me to the documentation so I can fix this and the
undefined references.
Thanks!
In the future, you can check Microsoft's documentation [1] for info on
their functions. I searched for "WSAStartup", and found [2]. At the
bottom of that page is a "Requirements" box, which tells you the library
it's in.

Andy

1. http://msdn.microsoft.com
2.